Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training
Next course January 2023
Please, apply before booking
You are most welcome to join us on the next “Yoga & Ayurveda Teacher Training” here at Earthwise. We invite you to journey with us for a transformational experience of inner growth, learning and embodiment of these ancient teachings.
Earthwise teacher training is not only about exploring the art of teaching yoga but how to integrate the essence of these teachings into your daily life. This training is intended to enhance your relationship with self, others and the world around you bringing more harmonious experience into everyday life.
This is our 9th year offering teacher training here in Wexford and we feel privileged to provide you with a comprehensive course with highly trained and experienced teachers.
Here at Earthwise our yoga teacher training course provides all the necessary skills to enable you to share yoga with others, giving you a firm foundation in the ancient system of yoga whether your intention is to teach, deepen your own knowledge, or move towards advanced levels of yoga. This course is a basic introduction to the fundamentals of yoga practice.
The Course Elements
- Asanas: The asana taught gives you a tool kit to create a yoga class that can focus on body alignment, breath, mindfulness, interception and engagement of correct muscular activity to perform and embody yoga postures with integrity, stability and strength.
- Pranayama: yogic breathing techniques to both energise and balance. The breath is the most vital process of the body and is intimately linked to all aspects of human experience. Breath control practices increase the flow of prana (life force energy) in the nadis which helps to purify, regulate and activate them thereby inducing physical and mental stability.
- Mudra: Mudras are Vedic hand gestures infused with cosmic prana specifically designed to shift negative energy into positive vibration.
- Bandhas : Energy locks to influence the flow of prana, these locks are essential components in the practice of pranayama.
- Mantra: powerful, sacred sound patterns that liberate, refine and purify the mind and emotions.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra is an effortless state of being. It is not a just a practice, but a form of awareness, to experience this state of being we follow a systematic guided yogic relaxation. This is a heart-based practice for deep healing and rejuvenation.
- Sutras: Patanjali’s Sutras – The 8 fold path of Yoga
- Philosophy: Samkhya philosophy, understanding the cosmic principles
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras, Nadis, Vayus, Koshas, Gunas
- Ayurveda : Understanding Ayurveda as a sister science of Yoga and how together they can bring about deep healing of multidimensional body.
- Food Sadhana : Ayurvedic approach to food and living a life of Balance.
- Home Practice: The importance of home practice & how to integrate yoga as a way of life.
- Ayurvedic Self Care Routine: Daily routines as rituals to develop inner medicine.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Anatomy and physiology of the body and how it relates to yoga in a practical way. You will be educated on how teach yoga with confidence ,competence and finesse while having a high aptitude for observation an clear expression to instruct your students with safety and skill.
- Posture: postural and adjustment techniques.
Skills Gained On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Formulate group and individual classes for varying levels of ability and needs utilising yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation and simple meditation techniques.
- Apply beginners to intermediate yoga practices for overall health, wellness and therapeutic benefits.
- Understand how to apply the practices for optimum effect – for yourself and in yoga classes.
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of practicing yoga: how it affects our body, energy, brain and mind.
Why choose our course?
The Earthwise Teacher Training Programme is a unique training as the teachings are about yoga as a whole way of life rather than something you practice on a yoga mat. You will learn that at the heart of these ancient teachings are guidance for how you can learn to live in an elevated way, with a deepened sense of connection to self, others and to nature. The teachings are based on traditional Hatha Yoga which includes Asana, Pranayama, Mudras, Bhandas, Mantras, Yoga Nidra and Meditation. You will learn how to practice yoga using the principles of Ayurveda and applying this within your practice. Yoga and Ayurveda combined offer a complete system for self healing and inner transformation.
Ayurveda Ayurveda known as the sister science of yoga offers us insight into understanding how our daily routine, lifestyle and diet all effect our wellbeing and success in our yoga practice. You will be offered guidance in how to incorporate Ayurveda into your daily life. In addition to the course you will be offered a one to one consultation with Rachel Collins our Ayurvedic teacher so that your individual needs can be catered for in regards to your Ayurvedic self care. Click here to find out more about Ayurveda.
Week Retreat We will welcome for week long Immersion as a way to embody and essence of yogic living. Getting the experience of learning and then living these practices will help to deepen the integration of the teachings. The capacity for inner unfolding is greatly enhanced within a retreat environment which is an essential aspect of our teacher training programmes.
Food We will provide sattvic meals throughout the course using Ayurvedic Recipes. The kitchen is seen as a sacred place where all of the food that is cooked is infused with love and devotion. We use only fresh ingredients and organic where possible. Some of the produce is from our own organic vegetable garden. See Gardens
Location Wilton Mills, Bree, Enniscorthy, Wexford. Our yoga centre sits at the edge of the Boro River, this stunning location offers an enriched experience of your practice. Earthwise provides students the chance to undertake their training in a peaceful sanctuary of serenity and beauty infused with the sounds of nature. Enjoy the wild meadows, river & forest walks, meditation gardens, a dip in the swimming hole and then warm up in our sauna or hot tub! Accommodation, People attending the course are welcome to sleep in the Yoga Shala. Alternatively there is a local BnB close by and there are Air BnB options. See Location
200-hour Yoga Alliance-accredited Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Professionals has grown to become an internationally recognised yoga organisation, with members and training courses all around the world! We are passionate about getting yoga recognised as a viable career choice and establishing a pathway for those teachers interested in developing and growing as yoga teachers and trainers. Yoga Alliance Website